Monday, December 20, 2010

Friday December 17th, 2010 - Update

Wow, it’s Friday already! It seems as though my week went by pretty fast. In a way it kind of did. I was at Children’s Hospital most of this past week as Lily got pneumonia.

She had been sick for over a week before her stay the hospital. It all started before the 7th of this month. She seemed fine in the beginning of the month. I got sick and lost my voice on the 3rd. It was a little difficult for me when I was at my Holiday Boutique in Coalinga.

I got quite a few responses for my drawing. I also got a few sales and was very happy to meet new people while I was there. I was next to a At Home America rep, she was very friendly and we exchanged business cards.

Anyways, back to Lily. I don’t think this had anything to do with it but I’ll let you all decide. As I stated earlier I got sick on the 3rd and felt it on the 4th. That Saturday the 4th we were at my aunt & uncle’s new home. They moved in that day and it was a family gathering as everyone helped them out. Lily drank from my cup and before then she was fine. On Tuesday the 7th she got sick. I really don’t know if that had anything to do with it.

She had a cough and seemed fine. Then out of nowhere she had a high fever over 104. My boyfriend took her to Children’s and they gave her a chest x-ray and she was clear. They told him she had a virus and that it would go away. They sent them home. Lily was given Tylenol and ibuprofen alternating between the two.
It didn’t seem as though Lily was getting better so Antonio took her to the doctor on Friday the 10th. Again they told him she had a virus and prescribed Benadryl. Well Lily started to sleep more and refused to eat or drink anything. All weekend it was like this and we got worried. I was worried because she was taking all these meds and not eating or drinking anything. I did not want her to overdose on these meds.

I took her to the doctor on Monday the 13th, the nurse noticed Lily had a slight fever and her oxygen levels were low. She called the doctor in right away. She listened to Lily’s lungs and heard fluid in there, more her right side than anywhere else. She told me she what she heard and was diagnosing Lily with pneumonia. I was getting in a panic mode but managed to calm myself down. She then called the main doctor and he confirmed what the NP had diagnosed. He told me Lily had acute pneumonia. I was trying to keep it together and not freak out.
He gave me a note and told me to go Children’s and if they had a problem with taking Lily in at that moment to give him a call. Before I started to drive I called my mom as she was caring for Faviola my newborn. Then I called Antonio to let him know what was going on.

Lily got seen right away and didn’t have to wait all night for the doctor to actually see Lily. When the doctor said he was going to admit Lily my heart dropped. I was still trying to keep calm (which is hard for me).
Lily was very dehydrated that they needed to put a iv in so that they can give her fluids. She did not cry when they did this. They also took out blood to check for bacteria in her blood and run other tests.
It didn’t take much time after that for Lily to get her own room. I was very emotional inside because I was unable to help my child. As she lay in bed she seemed unresponsive. I started to break down little by little. I did not want anything to happen to her. I wanted her to get better but I knew it wasn’t up to me. It was in God’s hands and also hers as she had to fight it off. Her little body as I think back I just want to cry.

On Thursday she came home and we watched tv together. I loved it!
I am sitting next to her today and I see her big beautiful smile and her body full of life. I thank God she is ok. She isn’t out of the woods completely as she still has pneumonia and on antibiotics. But I am glad to have her home and have her smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment